It is important to know how to create customised download buttons on WordPress blog.
You can create customised beautiful download buttons on your wordpress blog or website without having to code anything on your blog.
Maybe you are offering downloadable contents on your blog like music/apps download on your blog, it’s important to create a custom download button on your wordpress blog and it should be catchy and beautiful in the presence of your visitors.
In this post, I will share a tutorial on how to create a customised download button on your wordpress blog. Kindly sit back and go through the guide.
STEP 1 – DOWNLOADING THE CUSTOMISED BUTTON PLUGIN
To create a customised download button on your wordpress blog, kindly download Easy Media Download plugin from WordPress Plugin directory.
Easy Media Download has the following features :
- Create quick downloads
- Free downloads for music or audio files e.g. mp3, aac, m4a, wav
- Insert download buttons into your landing page
- Free downloads for video files e.g. mp4, mov, qt (QuickTime), mpg, mpeg, flv, m4v, swf, flash, avi, wma, ogg, webm
- Allow users to directly download in all file formats
- Free downloads for document file e.g. doc, docx (OpenOffice, Microsoft Word), odt (OpenDocument), htm, html, ps, tex, xml, txt, csv
- Allow large file download (No limit on the file size)
- Free downloads for Office file e.g. xlsx (Microsoft Excel), pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Free downloads for script e.g. js, css, php
- Track/Monitor your downloads
- Free downloads for archive or compressed file e.g. tar, rar, zip, 7z, gz, z
- Force the browser to open the download prompt
- Free downloads for image file e.g. png, gif, jpg, jpeg, bmp
- Open the download in a new tab
- Free downloads for e-book e.g. pdf, epub
- It support languages like French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch & Turkish.
After downloading the plugin, activate the plugin on the installed plugin page and proceed to the next step below.
STEP 2 – CREATING A CUSTOMISED DOWNLOAD BUTTON ON WORDPRESS
This step involves embedding a shortcode on your blog post in order to create a visible download button. The plugin has a unique shortcode which is automatically recognised by the system if and only if the plugin is active on your wordpress blog. That’s why the Easy Media Download plugin must also be activated at all times.
The recognised shortcode is
[easy_media_download url="http://mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.zip" text="Free Download"]
The “http://mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.zip” is the link of the uploaded attachment on your wordpress blog. You can get the link from media page on your wordpress dashboard. The “Free Download” is the download button text. You can change it to anything you want. You can change it to something like download, download now, download here etc.
If you want to change the default height and length of the button as it appears on blog, you are to add some parameters to the default code.
Parameters for button width
By default the width for the download button is “153”. You can change the value to anything you want. Just change the 100 in ( width=”100″) to any numerical value you want to use as shown in the code below.
[easy_media_download url="http://mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.zip" text="Free Download" width="100"]
Parameters for button height
By default the height for the download button is “41”. You can change the value to anything you want. Just change the 50 in ( height=”50″) to any numerical value you want to use as shown in the code below.
[easy_media_download url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.zip" text="Free Download" width="100" height="50"]
One major customising feature of Easy Media Download is that it comes with 21 different download button templates. They are beautiful. The following colour codes are available :
To use any of the above colours, you will have to use the code below and the rest will add your preferred colour code in the “color=”red_darker” place. Replace the red_darker with your preferred colour.
[easy_media_download url="http://mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/myfile.zip" color="red_darker"]
Easy Media Download is integrated with the Google Analytics plugin. This awesome feature allow a wordpress blog admin to see how many times a particular file has been downloaded in real time from his/her Google Analytics account(must have signed up for this and pasted the tracking code on your blog).
There are some other plugins that perform similar function like the easy media download. You can get similar plugins on the wordpress plugin repository.
The main reason I’m recommending the easy media download plugin is because it is easy to use and implement on your wordpress blog.
So this is how to create a custom download buttons on wordpress blog. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to share.